The mission of the Presbyterian Day School mirrors our church's mission. We are called by Jesus Christ to love God, neighbor, and self by the power of the Holy Spirit. We do this by inviting and welcoming all children to love God and love our neighbors; to nurture them to develop academically, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually; and to help them grow and mature for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Like our parent church's vision, our vision at Presbyterian Day School is to embody Jesus' All-Encompassing Hospitality.
To do this, we provide an enriching atmosphere of mutual respect among our students and their families. We strive to help children receive the loving preparation they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. We recognize that each child is an individual, and our knowledgeable and experienced teaching staff works hard to foster the intellectual curiosity, self-confidence, and faith of each child.
It is the philosophy of Presbyterian Day School that children be encouraged to learn and grow by providing a foundation of developmentally appropriate experiences where all children can succeed in a secure and nurturing environment. Recognizing that each child is a unique individual and that all children can learn, we work hard to foster the intellectual curiosity, self-confidence, and faith of each child. We strive to meet each child where he or she is and work to facilitate that next step beyond.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere in which students not only learn academically, but also grow socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually through receiving loving preparation to help them succeed in kindergarten and beyond. We work to provide a setting that recognizes children's varied abilities, interests, needs, and learning styles, and we believe children learn best through meaningful play. Our child centered program reflects the integration of physical, social, emotional, academic, and spiritual objectives for the total development of the child. Meaningful play encourages curiosity, discovery, and problem solving which allows individual growth and development of a positive self-image.
We recognize that parents are children’s first teachers and that children learn best when families are involved in their education. The primary bridge between home and school is the involvement of family and community, and we work to provide avenues to strengthen this connection for the benefit of the child.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
There are a lot of things that separate us from the pack! Here are a few things that our families have said about us that they particularly like.
- We are a family oriented school, NOT an institution.
- Our teachers are very qualified and stay with us a long time; all of us really want to get to know you and your children to help make your years at Memorial PDS the best they can be!
- Christian values are interwoven throughout our day, and we have regular Chapel Time.
- We have small classes with low student-teacher ratios, and we have two teachers in each room.
- We love and appreciate the outdoors! We believe it is so important for kids to be able to get outside, and we provide lots of opportunities for them to run, climb, ride bikes, play in a water table, dig in the sand, garden, and go on walks.
- We provide flexible scheduling with lots of fun extra activities such as music, art, and PE.
- Our facility is amazing! We are right in the heart of downtown and are located in an incredibly beautiful and historic church that was named one of the "8 Religious Wonders to See in the U.S."!
The most important thing that our families can tell about us is that we truly love children and all love what we do!