The mission of the Presbyterian Day School mirrors our church's mission. Our PDS mission is to act as one church school family to: invite and welcome children to love God and love our neighbors; to nurture them to develop academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually; and to help them grow and mature for success in kindergarten and beyond.
Our vision at Presbyterian Day School is to be the premier Christian preschool in St. Augustine. To do this, we continue to provide an enriching atmosphere of mutual respect in which students not only learn academically, but also grow socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We help children receive the loving preparation they need to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. We recognize that each child is an individual, and our knowledgeable and experienced teaching staff works hard to foster the intellectual curiosity, self-confidence, and faith of each child.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
There are a lot of things that separate us from the pack! Here are a few things that our families have said about us that they particularly like.
- We are a family oriented school, NOT an institution.
- Our teachers are very qualified and stay with us a long time (in each classroom, the senior teacher in the room has been with PDS between 8 and 21 years!); all of us really want to get to know you and your children to help make your years at PDS the best they can be!
- Christian values are interwoven throughout our day, and we have regular Chapel Time.
- We have small classes with low student-teacher ratios, and we have two teachers in each room.
- We love and appreciate the outdoors! We believe it is so important for kids to be able to get outside, and we provide lots of opportunities for them to run, climb, ride bikes, play in a water table, dig in the sand, garden, and go on walks.
- We provide flexible scheduling with lots of fun extra activities such as music, art, and PE.
- Our facility is amazing! We are right in the heart of downtown and are located in an incredibly beautiful and historic church that was named one of the "8 Religious Wonders to See in the U.S."!
The most important thing that our families can tell about us is that we truly love children and all love our jobs!